All of Icene's servers are housed in private datacenter in the newly renovated 427 LaSalle data center facility located adjacent to the Chicago Board of Trade in downtown Chicago. The building is one of Chicago's preeminent carrier hotels and was designed to meet the security, interconnection and power requirements of the world's leading financial institutions. 427 S. LaSalle has been at the heart of Chicago's communications thoroughfare since 1919 when it was built by Western Union and significantly renovated in 1999 and 2007. As one of Chicago's most connected colocation sites, many carriers and service providers also offer easy access to network with other POPs at 111 N. Canal, 600 S. Federal and 350 E. Cermak.
Chicago is one of the most connected cities in the world, and it's central location makes it the optimum location for serving Internet content. Chicago serves as one of North America's largest Internet hubs and is home to every major network provider. Most of the fiber optics that connect the East and West coasts of the United States run through Chicago and this yields low latency to both coasts as well as to Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Chicago was recently rated the greenest city in the US for datacenter locations. A recent study showed Chicago was much more energy efficient and produced only a small fraction of carbon emissions than other datacenter locations. Chicago was also recently ranked one of the safest cities in the United States with a very low risk for natural disasters ahead of other cities in Texas, California, Florida and the East Coast - all of which have a much greater risk for hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and floods than Chicago.
- 162,000 Square Feet
- SAS 70 Type II Certified Datacenter
- Two 6 MegaWatt, 3 phase power feeds from multiple power sub-stations
- 2N and N+1 UPS Battery Power
- 2N Diesel Generator Backup Power with 10,000 gallon Diesel supply tank
- 1800 Ton N+1 Chilling Plant
- VESDA Dual-interlock, dry-pipe pre-action fire suppression system
- Automatic logic monitoring of all critical equipment
- 24x7 Security Staffing and CCTV Surveillance
- Biometric Scanners for Datacenter Access
- Mantraps and Optical Turnstiles at entrance